Sunday, March 23, 2008

Avalanche Ale


I had not noticed Avalanche on the shelf before. That's not to say that it was not there, just that I had not paid it any particular attention until last night. It has simple art of mountain tops on the brown bottle and the label has hint of an older style of beer to it. Ah, but more importantly let me get to the taste. It was a little darker than I was expecting from an amber style brew, it had some nutty undertones to it, and it had that hint of a hop bite that I have come to enjoy from many an ale. It's definitely not your typical amber, but I quite enjoyed it. It is smooth and delicious with some mozzarella pesto pizza with some diced tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. That is a good dinner!



Beer Consumed at: Friend's House

Beer Consumed from: Bottle

Beer Rating: 8.5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breckenridge Brewery has a super good Vanilla Porter if you can get your hands on it.